About The Groden Network
Call to Action Legislative Work Plan:
Families, Friends, People with Development Disabilities and Direct Support Professionals to advocate for the great work that The Groden Network does in our community.
- Call to Action Members, elected officials, the media and general public on these drastic and dangerous budget cuts to an extremely vulnerable part of our Community.
- Facts about Autism
- Frequently Asked Questions about Autism
- Recruit and build a data base of supporters.
- Outreach - Call, U.S. Mail, Personal Meetings with your elected Official and let your voice be heard!
- Develop a 24/7 Web Action Center with the up to date information.
- Develop Position Papers - explaining the devastation these cuts will have on our community.
- Track Legislation - Being organized to have a group testify on the hardship the cost will have on our families.
- Hold Information Meetings - with Legislators, and interested parties.
- Rallies - If needed, organize a rally to show the support that is in community against these cuts.
- A Call to Action Day at the State House — Talk one-on-one with YOUR elected representative at the State House.
Lincoln D. Chafee, R.I. Governor
Speaker of the House Gordon Fox
Providence East Side
Rep. Nicholas Mattiello, R.I. House Majority Leader
Rep. Helio Melo - Chair, R.I. House Finance Committee
Rep. Joseph McNamara - Chair House Health, ED and Welfare
Sen. Teresa Paiva Weed - President of the Senate
Sen. Dominick J. Ruggerio - R.I. Senate Majority Leader
Providence, North Providence
Sen. Rhoda Perry - Chair Health and Human Services
District 3, Providence
Contact Your Legislators
Go to the Grassroots Center to write a letter to your Legislatures in support of The Groden Network.
Click on the following links to download PDFs with RI Legislators' contact information:
- R.I. House Finance Committee Members
- R.I. Senate Finance Committee Members
- Complete RI Representatives List
- Complete RI Senate List
- The Rhode Island General Assembly — www.rilin.state.ri.us
- Secretary of State A. Ralph Mollis — www.state.ri.us
- Governor Lincoln Chaffee — www.governor.ri.gov
- Lt. Governor Elizabeth Roberts — www.ltgov.ri.gov
- Find your Legislator
- Governor Lincoln Chaffee 401-222-2080
- Gordon Fox, R.I. Speaker of the House - 401-222-2447
- Teresa Paiva-Weed, President of the Senate - 401-222-6655
Sign Up to Be an Advocate
If you would like to step forward and become an advocate, please fill out our Advocate Information Form (PDF) and return it to the Groden Network's Family Services Department. Thank you!