Programs for Adults
The Cove Center, Inc. +21 — Rhode Island
Since 1985, The Cove Center, Inc. has been serving adults in Rhode Island offering a range of instructional, vocational, and residential programs. The Center emphasizes an individuals' role in making choices and controlling the direction of his/her own life to the fullest extent possible. The ability to make appropriate choices and use self-control requires the on-going education, experience, and support by program staff.
The COVE Center seeks to provide individualized programs that focus on the development of job skills, related social behaviors, communication, adapted living skills and leisure, so that adults with developmental disabilities can become productive and responsible members of their communities.
Programs and Services:
- Day Program - a service program designed to respond to the needs of individuals with developmental disabilities including autism behavioral and emotional disabilities. Access to vocational, social and communications skill programs allow clients to reach their greatest level of independence, productivity, empowerment and community access.
- Stepping Out – a non-profit organization formed to provide social, educational, and cultural activities for young adults with special needs.
- Residential Program – provides a variety of residential accommodations for adults with developmental disabilities and special needs. To respond to the needs of adults with developmental disabilities, autism, emotional disorders and other challenging behaviors to help them reach their greatest level of independence, productivity and integration.
The following diagnostic criteria are a guide for referring individuals to the program:
- Developmental disabilities
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Mental retardation
- Behavioral disorders
- Emotional disturbances
- Serious communication and learning disabilities
- Dual-diagnosed cognitive and mental health disorders
For the 2013 Cove Center Calendar,Click here.